2020 FALL BOT — TO BE ANNOUNCED
NANCY FORTIN SCHOLARSHIP
“A QUALITY MEDICAL ASSISTING EDUCATION IS AN INVESTMENT IN A REWARDING CAREER”
FACTS YOU WILL WANT TO KNOW:
The Nancy Fortin Scholarship Program is supported by contributions from members and a portion of the proceeds of the Washington State Society Annual Meeting.
The amount of the scholarship is $500.00 for an academic year.
Only those individuals committed to a medical assisting career with a goal of achieving American Association of Medical Assistants certification are eligible to apply.
Applicant must be currently enrolled in an AAMA CAAHEP accredited program in Washington State.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of interest, need and aptitude. The WSSMA executive committee will make their selection based on the committee’s recommendation.
Applicants will be notified by mail of the action taken by the scholarship and executive committees.
Special Bonus Awards:
A one-year student membership in the AAMA, WSSMA and a local Chapter.
Special guest at the President’s Luncheon of the WSSMA Annual Conference in May.
Please complete, attach and mail the following requested information to:
Nancy Fortin Scholarship, 38015 Teel Hill Road N. Davenport, WA 99122
- The attached completed application.
- Your Personal Summary (see last page) on a separate sheet.
- Transcript of grades from high school, college and/or vocational institute.
- The first two pages of your most recent IRS return (list only last 4 digits Social Security Number)
- A letter of recommendation from a medical assisting educator in your medical assisting program.
If you have any questions/concerns about the scholarship, please contact:
Lori VanLith, CMA (AAMA) @ firstname.lastname@example.org include NFS in the subject line.
Deadline dates are October 31st and February 20th