Planned Parenthood is on the lookout for the next member of our amazing clinical team! As a Certified Medical Assistant (MA-C), you’ll work side-by-side with our providers and physicians to provide direct patient care. Our MAs lead many dimensions of our patient visits and service delivery, and you’ll be given opportunities to grow and advance your medical career and make a tremendous impact on the lives of our patients.
People who excel in this role are motivated team players with a deep commitment to personal growth and the patient experience. If this sounds like you, please don’t hesitate to apply here!
- Provide top-of-the-line customer service, both to patients and coworkers, ensuring that all parties involved have an exceptional experience.
- Set patients up in exam rooms and conduct intake, including vitals monitoring, health history, and an overview of patient needs.
- Conduct health screenings, process labs, handle specimens, and utilize lab equipment.
- Provide patients medically-accurate and unbiased education on a wide range of health topics, including infection transmission and treatment, birth control options, pregnancy, and more.
- Maintain accurate and consistent attention to detail, including appropriate and legible written or typed chart documentation.
- Safeguard the privacy and protected health information of patients in compliance with law and PPGWNI policies.
- Completely understand confidentiality and HIPAA and consequences of non-compliance.
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited school or program.
- Completion of high school education or its equivalent (GED).
- Completion of HIV/AIDS and CPR/BLS training.
- Flexible and comfortable with change.
- Customer service orientation and a genuine desire to help and support others.
- Ability to empathize and understand how to navigate difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to balance efficiency with attention to detail.
- Team-oriented with the ability to collaborate with others to find solutions to problems.
- High-capacity – when needed, you’re able to work at a fast pace and comfortably manage a complex workload.
- Previous experience in reproductive health care.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
All employees have access to:
- Generous PTO and paid holidays.
- 401k retirement plan with up to a 5% employer match.
- A full benefits package – including medical and dental – with the individual employee’s insurance premiums covered 100%.
- Option to work a 4-day work week, with a consistently manageable schedule.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- Additional $1/hr. compensation for staff who pass our internal Spanish competency test.
- Required up to 25% of the time to various PPGWNI health centers.
- Valid unencumbered driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation is required.
- Travel between health center sites is reimbursed and time spent traveling is paid.
Who We Are and What We Do
For over 50 years, PPGWNI has been a leading health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving nearly 32,000 adults and teens throughout Central and Eastern Washington and North Idaho annually. Working at PPGWNI is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all Washingtonians have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and accurate education so they can lead healthy lives. We approach our work through a health equity lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
PPGWNI is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. Many of our employees don’t have “traditional” experience in their roles, or took a winding path to get where they are today, so if you see your background fitting in with what we’re looking for please apply!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.