Providence is calling a Lab Assistant II ( 0.5 FTE, Variable Shift) to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a Lab Assistant II to be responsible for phlebotomy and processing of appropriate samples for testing, to include: computer inquiry and entry to maintain patient demographics; processing and preparing samples; and processing, preparing and packaging samples for delivery to reference labs.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate age specific patient care considerations for the population served
- Demonstrate application of knowledge, skills and behaviors in the physician, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PEMC age specific care competency assessment tool
- Perform Phlebotomy of Patients
- Perform venipuncture and capillary procedures on pediatric and adult inpatient and outpatient populations.
- Blood draws on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, are completed within appropriate time frames, using appropriate safety devices or tools for the situation
- Completes manually or by computer system, orders for esoteric testing referred outside the laboratory, which may include test research, documentation, special transportation measures, sample preparation, packing, etc.
- Correct patient accounts are selected and identified in the computer systems. A positive identification system using two patient identifiers (see laboratory policy) is used when identifying the proper account and labeling of each specimen.
- Keeps Up to Date on Lab/Hospital Procedures.
- Knows how to use software system to access policies and procedures.
- Follows and keeps abreast of hospital and lab policies and Procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy course (including completion of a 4 week internship in Phlebotomy in a clinical laboratory setting) or Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Course or If job assignment requires driving to another facility, complete Defensive Driving course within 6 months of hire and every three years thereafter.
- CPR certification; CPR training completed by 1st month of employment.
- Active DOH Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant-Certified license (which includes the 7 hours of Blood Borne Pathogens training)
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Phlebotomist & Lab Support
Req ID: 270450
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.