Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (On Call, Variable Shift) to Lacey Immediate Care for Providence Medical Group Southwest Washington in Lacey, WA.
The MA works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient’s medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assistants
- Active Interim Certificate, Registered or Active MA-C or licensed through state where hired (if required by state), OR a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- WA State MA-I, MA-R, or MA-C required upon hire to work in state of WA. If in Active Interim Certification Status, applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP (WA State Only). Medical Assistant-Registered (MA-R) is only accepted in WA State.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certified as a Medical Assistant Certified (MA-C)
- Ability to work 1-2 shifts per week to include weekends
About the group you will serve:
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 285688
UsThe objective case of we, the persons speakingMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.