Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) to Express Care in Lake Stevens, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
We offer a $3,000 sign on bonus for external candidates and eligible positions!
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing quality clinical care to patient.
- Identify daily operational and clinical issues to ensure clinic’s operational readiness.
- Escalate to management for issue resolution as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of records, patient, employee and medical center information at all times, secured from general public access.
- Schedule patients’ appointments.
- Monitor and manage the appointment schedules daily.
- Provide general information to patients including but not limited to financial policies, registration requirements, insurances, etc.
- Coordinate referral preparation, approval and distribution.
- Organize, stock and maintain an orderly, clean and uncluttered work area, including but not limited to exam rooms, procedure rooms and patient care areas.
- Oversee that patient waiting areas are clean and well-maintained.
- Greet and check-in the patient.
- Verify patient’s information and co-pay.
- Research patient information within the systems provided.
- Collect and verify accurate and complete demographic information from patient or family member.
- Perform patient intake screening and/or makes arrangements for additional diagnostic testing or referral for appropriate provider and set an appointment.
- Identify urgent or emergent situations and notifies the provider.
- Provide appropriate care, including patient mobility assistance, based on the various conditions and needs of the broad diversity of patients.
- Capture patient information including but not limited to height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and the presenting problem.
- Document patient information collected, care given, treatments provided and related charges.
- Process all clerical records for clinic patients including cashiering, as well as completion of encounter forms and patient charts.
- Assist physicians/providers during examinations and procedures, anticipating needs.
- Instruct patients on the collection of samples and other tests.
- Conduct or assist with diagnostic tests and procedures including but not limited to capturing vitals, drawing blood and obtaining samples.
- Under MA certification authorization and by Provider order, administers medications – including oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal medication/inoculations.
- Label, transport and store hazardous waste.
- Update established patient files as necessary.
- Transcribe chart notes in real time from providers.
- Direct flow of patients and call to the appropriate care team.
- Refer the patient to the billing department as needed.
- Assist with patient phone messages/tasks and documents. Conduct callback, when guided.
- Manage patient flow ensuring enough time for patient and family education.
- Facilitate communication between patients, providers, clinic staff, internal and external customers to support patient care.
- Active involvement in improvement of work processes.
- Participate in and facilitates change processes.
- Complete annual mandatory education review and competency program.
- Attend and actively participate in mandatory clinical/business department meetings/in-services, staff meetings and assigned committees.
- Perform opening and closing duties for the clinic.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED or Graduation from Certified MA Program
- Experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
- Current Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (AHA accredited)
- Washington State: Applicant must have National Certification and be licensed through the State of Washington, and Department of Health
- Ability to pass proficiency testing following Epic EMR training
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Some College
- 6 months recent experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- About the ministry you will serve.
We’re your faster way to well, with same-day appointments and extended hours seven days a week. We treat common conditions and offer convenient exams and lab tests. We’re here when you need care for the stuff you just can’t treat at home – a sore throat that won’t quit, a soccer sprain, a stomachache that defies the pink drink. You get the idea. Come see us when you want fast care from folks who know health.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: Washington-Lake Stevens
Req ID: 281983
qualificationsan attribute that must be met or complied with and that fits a person for somethingMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.