Providence is calling a Medical Assistant – Retail (0.9 FTE, Day Shift) to support our Express Care Clinic in Lacey, WA.
The Medical Assistant works closely with a team of staff including physicians and advanced level providers to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care. The MA is also responsible for front desk, patient registration, insurance billing and payment collection/cashiering in addition to their patient care responsibilties.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Identifies daily operational and clinical issues to ensure clinic’s operational readiness
- Monitors and manages the appointment schedules daily
- Provides general information to patients including but not limited to financial policies, registration requirements, insurances, etc.
- Coordinates referral preparation, approval and distribution
- Verifies patient’s information and co-pay
- Performs patient intake screening and/or makes arrangements for additional diagnostic testing or referral for appropriate provider
- Processes all clerical records for clinic patients including cashiering, as well as completion of encounter forms and patient charts
- Assists physicians/providers during examinations and procedures, anticipating needs
- Directs flow of patients and calls to the appropriate care team
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assistants
- Active Interim Certificate, Registered or Active MA-C or licensed through state where hired (if required by state), OR a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- WA State MA-I, MA-R, or MA-C required upon hire to work in state of WA. If in Active Interim
- Certification Status, applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP (WA State Only). Medical Assistant-Registered (MA-R) is only accepted in WA State.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical Assistant Certified (MA-C)
- 6 months of MA experience
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
About the group you will serve:
Express Care is your faster way to well! Express Care Clinics offer same-day appointments and extended hours seven days a week. We’re here when you need care for the stuff you just can’t treat at home. In addition, Express Care Virtual offers same-day, on-demand, video visits with trusted health care providers. Come see us when you want fast care from folks who know health.Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. As part of this growth, Providence Saint John’s Medical Foundation came into flourishing. Saint John’s Medical Foundation is an integrated, not-for-profit network of medical clinics and affiliated services, servicing the greater Santa Monica and Los Angeles area. The Foundation is expected to continue to grow in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Location: Washington-Lake Stevens
Req ID: 272970
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.