Find what you’re looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Medical Assistant II (Per Diem, DayShift) to the Lynnwood Prim Care, Internal, Fam Practice, Pediatrics in Lynwood, WA.
The MA II works unders the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A MA II performs all aspects of the MA I role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of work. An MA II is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
In this position you will:
· Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I.
· Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
· Performs increasingly advanced procedures with valiadted competencies.
· Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documention of all procedures performed in the patient’s medical record.
· Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
· According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (autoclaving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Required H.S. Diploma or GED
· Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate.
· Required upon hire: Active MA Certification through state where hired (WA only); OR one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP; or a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
· Required upon hire and maintained: WA State MA-C to work in state of WA (MA-R not accepted for MA II role)
· Required upon hire: Current BLS – Must be AHA accredited
· 6 months Healthcare experience
· 6 months Medical Assistant experience
To apply for this job please visit pacmed.jobs.