Website Providence - Pacific Medical Center
Providence is calling an Emergency Room Technician (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to work in Emergency Services at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system. *Please complete this step*
Emergency Room Technician provides routine assistance in the safe and effective care of patients in a variety of age groups including neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric. Also provides general administrative and maintenance support.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate age specific patient care considerations for the population served. Demonstrate application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PRMCE age specific care competency assessment tool.
- Perform a variety of tasks to provide safe and effective patient care which is consistent with departmental guidelines. Include taking and recording vital signs, recognizing and reporting abnormal signs and symptoms, maintaining an orderly and safe environment. Chart documentation is complete and timely.
- Ability to apply fiberglass splints as directed by MD/PA. Feedback given by MD/PA’s and/r chart review for 3 ED patients with splint application to include written verification of correct splint application by MD/PA prior to patient’s discharge.
- Capable of handling pressure due to multiple priorities calls and inquiries. Calls are answered according to standards and directed appropriately. Messages are clear and properly directed. Tasks are prioritized appropriately in relation to needs of the department and patients.
- Perform as Health Unit Coordinator to provide coverage for breaks/lunches and/or sick call replacement if necessary. Perform competent, accurate and timely order entry into the STAR system and answering multiple phone lines.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Medical Assistant in Phlebotomy (MA-P) or Medical Assistant Certification (MAC)
- Nursing Assistant Registered Certification; must make application to Department of Health (DOH) within first three (3) days of employment or Nursing Assistant, Certified (NAC)
- Employee must maintain certifications throughout employment at PRMCE
- EMT Certification
- Experience in an acute care facility or a pre-hospital setting or directly related work experience
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only two hours north.
Benefits and Retirement:
Do you have questions on how this position may impact your benefits or retirement? AskHR has answers! Contact the HR Service Center at 888-687-3753, submit an AskHR through the HRPortal; https://caregiver.ehr.com or visit the Road2Retirement site; https://road2retirement.org .
Caring for Your Career:
We are delighted that you answered the call to further your career at Providence. As a current caregiver, you have many resources to develop your skills and career such as educational benefits, online training, and professional development events. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources activities so that we can continue to serve our communities together with excellence. Our hope is that you continue to answer the call to our mission-inspired work today and into the future!
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Other Healthcare Support
Req ID: 283977
yousecond person pronoun; the person addressedMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.