Website Providence - Pacific Medical Center
In this position you will:
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I.
Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient’s medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio-hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (auto-claving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED and graduate of accredited school for medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for the WA State Certification exam.
- Active MA-C in state of WA
- Current BLS – Must be AHA accredited
- Six (6) months Healthcare experience
- Six (6) months Medical Assistant experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants, or an equivalent combination of coursework, experience/training to qualify to sit for the WA State Certification exam
- Active National certification/registration by AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP as a Medical Assistant
To apply for this job please visit pacmed.jobs.