Website Providence - Pacific Medical Center
In this position you will:
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I.
Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient’s medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio-hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- According to organizational standards, prepare, clean and sterilize, and/or reprocess, instruments (auto-claving) and maintain equipment with validated competencies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Required H.S. Diploma or GED and graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate.
- Required upon hire: Active MA Certification through state where hired (WA only); OR one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP; or a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- Required upon hire and maintained: WA State MA-C to work in state of WA (MA-R not accepted for MA II role)
- Required upon hire: Current BLS – Must be AHA accredited
- 6 months Healthcare experience
- 6 months Medical Assistant experience
To apply for this job please visit pacmed.jobs.