Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (1.0 to work in FTE, Day Shift) to work in Im Residency Clinic at Providence Medical Group in Everett, WA
$3,000 Sign On Bonus
The MA I works unders the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical duties. An MA I is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient’s medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, optic, ophthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
- Reinforce patient education, materials, and lab results (normal); return phone messages; all as directed by the licensed practitioner.
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of biohazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
- Perform administrative and/or clerical support duties for practitioner, other medical assistants, or clinic/location as directed. (ex: pre-authorizations, schedule appointments, referrals, clinic inventory and/or outdated medications/supplies, etc.).
- Provide MA administrative and clinical support required to deliver quality patient care via a telehealth or virtual visit platform as an extension of in-clinic services and patient care strategy
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED or Coursework/Training (Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program)
- Required upon hire:
- Current Basic Life Support Certification – Must be American Heart Association accredited
Active MA-I, MA-R or MA-C in state of WA
- If in Active Interim Certification Status (MA-I), incumbent must pass one of the following exams within 180 days of hire: AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (minimum 0-6 months)
- Must possess knowledge and use of basic medical terminology related to role
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- 6 months prior experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health Record (EHR)
About the clinic you will serve:
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve Snohomish County in more than 10 locations in scenic northwest Washington. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 287582
To apply for this job please visit www.providenceiscalling.jobs.