Find what you’re looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Medical Assistant (0.0 FTE, Days) to the Madison Prim Care, Internal, Fam Practice, Pediatrics in Seattle, WA.
Medical Assistants at Pacific Medical Centers perform direct hands- on patient care under the supervision/direction of a provider. Responsible for patient flow, including preparing patient and assisting with exams, keeping exam rooms stocked and clean, checking equipment daily to ensure that it is functioning accurately. Responsible for provider support to include assisting the provider with quality support measures, paperwork, patient follow-up, returning calls and other assigned tasks to meet patients’ needs. Performs clerical duties to maintain effective office operations, while continuing to provide support to the provider. Anticipates provider needs and prepares for patient visits including obtaining test results, and health information from outside sources including hospitals. Prepares rooms before visits with proper equipment and supplies. Preps for procedures and assists as needed.
In this position you will:
- Assists nursing and physician staff with direct patient care by assisting patients to appropriate treatment areas, prepare patient areas for examination, help with patient exams and procedures, following universal precautions and sterile technique, and help to discharge patients.
- Performs a range of diagnostic support duties which include monitoring patient vital signs and reporting deviations in a timely manner, gross visual observation of patients and reporting changes in condition to nursing staff or provider, and initiation of CPR when needed.
- Performs and records a variety of treatment procedures as ordered by the provider and performed under the clinical direction of the nurse or physician.
- Assists with collecting lab specimens; labels specimens, prepares requisitions, and performs tests.
- Administers injections (intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intradermally).
- May act as support to the RN staff by completing additional assignments as delegated, such as:
Expediting prescription refill requests by delivering/sending related faxes and contacting patients as needed.
- Processing chart, dictation, and lab result requests.
- Closing IDX Customer Service Modules (CSMs).
- Calling or returning calls to patients, under the direction of a provider.
- Scheduling diagnostic tests.
- Completing forms based on information found in the medical record.
- Tracks patient wait times in collaboration with front desk.
- Checks provider mailbox several times a day and takes appropriate action with the contents.
- Ensures accurate and timely encounter batching at the end of the day.
- Receives patients and ensures the completion of all necessary clerical work; obtains changes in patient information and inputs into the computer system.
- Makes appointments for patients according to current guidelines, ensuring timely and efficient use of provider time.
- Performs initial determination of appointment urgency (urgent, acute, routine) and makes appointments accordingly.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, screens those requiring the provider’s immediate attention, those which can be returned later, and those that they or other office personnel can address.
- Discards contaminated and disposable items after use in diagnostic or surgical procedure.
- Orders office and medical supplies as needed and maintains an inventory of each.
- Maintains instruments and equipment in a manner that prevents the transmission of disease, and ensures effective operation; discards instruments after usage and assures maintenance of diagnostic equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GE
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting (MA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program.
- Currently licensed to practice in Washington as a certified MA or LPN.
- Interim MA Certification accepted upon hire; medical assistant certified credential required within six (6) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support certification within one (1) month of hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of experience within a medical setting
- Ability to use an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
To apply for this job please visit pacmed.jobs.