The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children’s. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Medical Assistant participates as a team member in the overall functioning of the clinic. They are responsible for the flow of the patients for assigned providers (as applicable) each day.
- Rooms patients and families to exam/procedure area
- Documents vital signs and other patient information per clinic policy
- Assists with procedures as directed
- Conducts clerical tasks, patient transport, cleaning and restocking of exam rooms and other r requests to maintain clinic flow
- Recognizes symptoms of common medical illnesses, abnormal vs., and new/existing pain and immediately escalates to RN and/or provider
- Acts as a liaison between patients/families and health care providers
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job in order to carry out the primary responsibilities
- Preforms Blood Draws as directed
- Education enabling obtainment of Medical Assistant Certification
- Currently is a Certified Medical Assistant in the State of Washington and must be familiar with the State’s conduct and standards of practice
- Completion of a Medical Assistant course accredited by the American Association of Medical Assistants or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA)
- Current Surgical Technologist Registration in the State of Washington State and must be familiar with the State’s conduct and standards of practice (obtain within 3 months of hire)
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card (or equivalent course, such as by the American Red Cross) and renewal required every two years
- Willingness to participate in process improvement initiatives
- Ability to appropriately respond to emergencies or disasters per clinic protocol
- Proficient in email and word processing systems
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex healthcare environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to follow direction and guidance
- Ability to recognize limitations and seek help
- Ability to identify learning needs and plan learning opportunities
SCCA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and there are no exceptions for any employee who is patient-facing and/or requires access to SCCA facilities.
Exceptions exist only for employees whose positions are fully remote, with no required access to campus. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees requiring access to campus must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
To apply for this job please visit careers-scca.icims.com.