Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) brings together the leading research teams and cancer specialists of Fred Hutch, Seattle Children’s, and UW Medicine. One extraordinary group whose sole mission is the pursuit of better, longer, richer lives for our patients. SCCA’s purpose is to provide state-of-the-art, patient and family centered care; support the conduct of cancer clinical research and education; enhance access to improved cancer interventions; and advance the standard of cancer care regionally and beyond.
- Participate as a team member in the overall functioning of the clinic
- Be responsible for the flow of the patients for the transplant teams
- Perform duties described below in a busy, fast paced clinicECGs
- Tunneled Catheter Dressing changes
- Assist with sterile procedures
- Flu injections
- Taking vitals signs in a high acuity patient care setting
- Turning over rooms per protocol for various type of isolation
- The Medical Assistant functions under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor and or designee
- Maintains the transplant clinic so that it is always ready operationally to provide our patients with the highest standard of care
- Certified Medical Assistant in the State of Washington and must be familiar with the State’s conduct and standards of practice.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant course accredited by the American Association of Medical Assistants or the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA)
- Current BLS AHA Health Provider Card (or equivalent course, such as by the American Red Cross) and renewal required every two years
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively
- Two years previously working as a Medical Assistant
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
To apply for this job please visit careers-scca.icims.com.