Website Swedish Health Services
Swedish Medical Center is looking for Medical Assistant Licensed MA-C (1.0 FTE, Variable Shift) to work in Mammography Department at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA.
Work under the direction of the Clinic Supervisor, Nursing Supervisor, Clinic Manager or appropriate staff to provide basic patient care to assigned patients.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, drug allergies, current medications and presenting problem.
- Provide patient mobility assistance as necessary.
- May draw blood, perform EKGs; assist with diagnostic tests and clinical procedures to appropriate level of training as established procedures.
- Obtain non-invasive body fluid specimens.
Under supervision of practitioner or nurse supervisor, administer approved medications via oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular or intradermal routes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a certified medical assistant program
- Washington State Medical Assistant Certified or Medical Assistant Interim certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum on one year of medical assisting experience in clinic setting
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish’s Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team-oriented work environment. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full-service Emergency Department. It is the site of Swedish’s Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital-based drug- and alcohol-treatment programs in Seattle.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.