Website Swedish Health Services
Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Medical Assistant I (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Heart And Vascular Clinic at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
The MA I works unders the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical duties. An MA I is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient’s medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certfication, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, ophthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program
- Active Medical Assistant Certified (MA-C) or Interim (MA-I) in state of WA at hire
- If in Active Interim Certification Status (MA-I), incumbent must pass one of the following exams within 180 days of hire: AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers at hire – Must be American Heart Association accredited
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- 6 months previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
About the Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driver division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.