Website Swedish Health Services
Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Medical Assistant II (1.0 FTE, Days) to work in Neuroscience Specialists at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
The MA II works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A MA II performs all aspects of the MA I role and is fully competent in the clinical needs/functions for assigned clinic/location of work. An MA II is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
In this position you will:
- Performs all duties and passed competency testing/evaluation as required for a Medical Assistant I.
- Ability to perform all front and back office skills as appropriate to role and certification. (ex: vital signs, set up/assist with minor procedures, EKG, blood pressure, point of care testing, patient authorizations, scheduling, etc.)
- Performs increasingly advanced procedures with validated competencies.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all procedures performed in the patient’s medical record.
- Follows correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio-hazardous, infectious, and pharmaceutical waste.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED and Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate
- Active MA Certification through state where hired (WA only); OR one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP; or a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- WA State MA-C to work in state of WA (MA-R not accepted for MA II role)
- Current BLS – Must be AHA accredited
- Six (6) months Healthcare experience
- Six (6) months Medical Assistant experience
About Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.